Avnet Tech Games
Avnet, one of Arizona's largest employers and a Fortune 50 corporation, has been running the Avnet Tech Games for several years. Students compete in a variety of technically challenging "games" such as building robots, solar-powered devices, high-speed computers, even making marketing pitches and designing factory floors. Throughout the year, ATG presents both onsite games at the University of Advancing Technologies in Tempe, AZ as well as "virtual games" conducted entirely online.
For the spring 2012 games, Avnet asked Z-Com Creative for a comprehensive reconstruction of the ATG website. The former site had had very simple blogging and event registration technology, but felt the site did not reflect the cutting-edge technology that a company like Avnet should present to the world. We took their site to the next level.
This is what the Avnet Tech Games website now does:
- Allows students, teacher coaches, judges and volunteers to register at the site and build personal profiles.
- Allows participants to organize into "teams" that then register for the games. Teams are then provided a variety of tools to organize and coordinate their efforts.
- Event personnel -- game owners and "game masters" -- have back-end tools to manage all team event registrations, as well as the workflow for each game.
- Marketing staff have robust tools to present a variety of value-adds to event sponsors on the website. Sponsors can sponsor the entire event or individual games. Individual game sponsors have their name and logo attached to the identity materials of their game throughout the site. Sponsors get their own "profile" featuring their logo, links to their website, an email address and an open-ended brag space. We're continuing to refine the sponsorship levels and what sponsors get on the site.
- Social media staff can easily work with the event's data to present real-time reporting on games: registrations, scores per team, and so on. All prior event data is then archived for the media and other interested parties.
- Account holders' profiles present information about games and teams in which they were involved. Players on winning teams are called out on their profiles.
In short, the Avnet Tech Games website solution built by Z-Com Creative is a comprehensive solution to managing their events, soup-to-nuts. A cutting edge solution for a cutting edge company.
Visit the Site
Every time I interface with our new website, I utter the words, “Paul is a genius.” We threw quite a challenge his way and he delivered and then some. He came into a challenging situation and responded with professionalism and good humor. Paul took our wish list and made it a reality and we are so very grateful. Not only do we have a great looking and well functioning website, we have a tool that saves our team an extraordinary amount of valuable time. Would recommend Paul and Z-Com Creative to anyone, anytime!
President, The Person Group, Inc.
Project Manager, Avnet Tech Games
Z-Com Creative built an amazing website for the Avnet Tech Games. We had lots of obstacles and challenges to address and they helped us cross those bridges easily, smoothly and with the upmost patience. They understood our needs better than we did, and helped us understand the product we needed, which they built on time, on budget and, it turned out extremely well. They folks at Z-Com Creative are very easy to work with, personable and help the client understand the lingo of the world of web design. They can explain things to you in a way that a “non-techie” client can easily understand. I highly recommend their services and fully endorse this company. It was a pleasure to work with them.
Vice President, Community Relations and Public Affairs